Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A sister of sorts...

Julie,


      First of all you are not old!  You just now officially know better.  As your older brother of sorts I wanted to tell you what an amazing sister you are and dear friend.  Thank you for loving my daughter when I was raising her as a single dad. It was nice to have you along with a few other of my special forces sisters in 3rd ward step in and love my sweet daughter.  Thank you for sharing your mom and dad with us and letting us stay at their home, and for including us on many family dinners and holidays.  You are truly a daughter of infinite worth and a cherished friend.  You, Eric and I and now Stacy will remain friends forever.  Thank you for making my wedding day so special with the wonderful catering job you did.  Thank you for all the clients you have referred me and for the occassional call to see how I am doing.    I see the light of Christ in you and appreciate your example.

Please know that now that you are 40, you belong to a special league of wise adults. Your wisdom will have a deeper meaning than before, especially when you say your age..  if that doesnt work just share your weight.  Wait.. I am almost 43 so I knew better than to say that..  Dont worry I will go back and erase that before I post. 

Julie,  May God truly bless you.  May your arrival to the decade of wisdom, fun cause you deserve it, and the beginning of kids leaving the nest be constantly filled with blessings and laughter. 

At the end of the day,  take an opportunity to give thanks, like I know you do, because you have made a difference in my life and I am sure many others. 

By the way you dont look 40, so that is even cooler. 

Happy Birthday

Love your brother  Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment